Great Deals on Ammunition
Shooters Sports Center carries a wide variety of ammunition. Whether you are looking for ammo for hunting, target practice, or self-defense, we have ammo for you.
Understanding Ammunition Terminology:
There are many specific terms used about ammunition. What is a 45ACP 230 gr JHP? Here are some definitions to help you find the right ammo for your needs.
- Grains (gr) - Bullet weight is measured in grains (1 gr = 1/7,000th lb)
- FMJ Full Metal Jacket - Bullet fully encased in metal with lead core
- JHP Jacketed Hollow Point - A bullet encased in metal with a hollow point
- SP Soft Point - A hollow point bullet with a soft tip
Handguns are great for self-defense, shooting sports, and fun on the range. You can even use handguns for hunting. Choosing the right ammunition for your gun depends on your application. FMJ is good for fun on the range and shooting sports. JHP is good for self-defense.
Rifles are used mostly for hunting, target practice, & self-defense. Soft point ammunition is used for hunting and self-defense, while FMJ is used for training and target practice. We carry both centerfire and rimfire ammunition.
Shotgun ammo comes in various styles: buckshot, birdshot, slugs, and sabot.
- Buckshot - Large bbs which spread out when fired
- Birdshot - Small bbs which spread out when fired
- Slugs - A solid projectile, made of lead used with a smooth bore barrel
- Sabot - A solid projectile, jacketed lead used with a rifled barrel
Buckshot can be used for hunting or self-defense. Birdshot is used for skeet and trap shooting, as well as bird hunting. Slugs and Sabots are used for hunting and self-defense.